Carnation Flower Plant
These plants have been in cultivation for over 2 000 years recognized continuously worldwide for their fragrance and ruffle like flowers.
Carnation flower plant. Dig shallows holes in the pot to accommodate the roots. Carnations should be planted in an area that gets four to six hours of sunlight per day. How to plant carnations. They prefer sunlight rather than shade so keep this in mind when deciding on their placement.
Carnations are also called clove pinks and grenadines. Well draining soil without mulch for good air circulation will help you grow. Proper care of carnations begins before you even plant your seeds. Growing carnations will be much easier if you plant the seeds in an area that gets a minimum of four to five hours of sun each day.
Add compost when planting then mulch to retain moisture and control weeds. Tips for planting carnation seeds. It is probably native to the mediterranean region but its exact range is unknown due to extensive cultivation for the last 2 000 years. When planting carnations be sure to use well drained soil that is fertile and slightly alkalized ph 6 7 6 9.
Usually you can plant 3 to 5 carnations in a ten inch pot. Dianthus caryophyllus commonly known as the carnation or clove pink is a species of dianthus. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when growing carnations in the garden. Dig a hole and keep the root ball level with the soil surface pressing soil down firmly when you backfill around the plant.
When grown in gardens carnations grow to between 6 and 8 5 cm in diameter. 3 pack the soil around the stems so that the root crown of the carnations remain slightly above the soil. The soil should be well drained fertile and tend toward a slightly alkaline ph level of 6 7 6 9. A minimum of 4 6 hours of sun is required for healthy blooms and foliage.
Carnation dianthus caryophyllus is a flowering plant from the pink or carnation caryophyllaceae botanical family. About the carnation flower and plant the single flowers of the carnations species dianthus caryophyllus have 5 petals and vary from white to pink to purple in color. Border carnation cultivars may have double flowers with as many as 40 petals.
- Hibiscus Flower Photosynthesis
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning In Gujarati
- Hibiscus Flower Kinds
- Hibiscus Flower And Leaves Powder
- Heart Touching Rose Flower Quotes Malayalam
- Hibiscus Flower Background Black And White
- Hibiscus Flower For Hair Mask
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning
- Hibiscus Flower Country Of Origin
- Hibiscus Flower Clipart Black And White
- Hibiscus Flower For White Discharge
- Hibiscus Flower In Hindi Wikipedia
- Heather Plant Growing Conditions
- Hibiscus Flower Black And White Drawing
- Heather Flower In Japanese
- Hawaiian Flower Black And White Hibiscus Tattoo
- Hibiscus Flower Leaves Benefits
- Hibiscus Flower Information In English
- Hibiscus Flower In Hindi Meaning
- Haywards Heath Station Flower Shop