Carnation Flower Plant
Dig shallows holes in the pot to accommodate the roots.
Carnation flower plant. Well draining soil without mulch for good air circulation will help you grow. They prefer sunlight rather than shade so keep this in mind when deciding on their placement. Successful carnation flowers dianthus caryophyllus begins with planting. The soil should be well drained fertile and tend toward a slightly alkaline ph level of 6 7 6 9.
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when growing carnations in the garden. Usually you can plant 3 to 5 carnations in a ten inch pot. Growing carnations will be much easier if you plant the seeds in an area that gets a minimum of four to five hours of sun each day. A minimum of 4 6 hours of sun is required for healthy blooms and foliage.
Dig a hole and keep the root ball level with the soil surface pressing soil down firmly when you backfill around the plant. When planting carnations or dianthus you should remember that they prefer full sunlight to partial shade. Space plants about 6 to 12 inches apart. How to plant carnations.
Carnation dianthus caryophyllus is a flowering plant from the pink or carnation caryophyllaceae botanical family. It is probably native to the mediterranean region but its exact range is unknown due to extensive cultivation for the last 2 000 years. Tips for planting carnation seeds. When planting carnations be sure to use well drained soil that is fertile and slightly alkalized ph 6 7 6 9.
Dianthus caryophyllus commonly known as the carnation or clove pink is a species of dianthus. These plants have been in cultivation for over 2 000 years recognized continuously worldwide for their fragrance and ruffle like flowers. Add compost when planting then mulch to retain moisture and control weeds. Carnations should be planted in an area that gets four to six hours of sunlight per day.
Border carnation cultivars may have double flowers with as many as 40 petals. 3 pack the soil around the stems so that the root crown of the carnations remain slightly above the soil. Carnations are also called clove pinks and grenadines.
- Aster Flower Name Meaning
- Azalea Flower Meaning Chinese
- Anthurium Flower White
- Anthurium Indoor Plant Red Flower
- Azalea Plant Toxicity Dog
- Artificial Bird Of Paradise Flowers For Sale
- Anthurium Price Philippines
- Anthurium Flower Parts
- Aster Flower Called In English
- Anthurium Magnificum Price Philippines
- Artificial King Protea Flower
- Anthurium Flower Plant Care
- Anthurium Flower Meaning
- Aster Flower Meaning In Urdu
- Arm Rose Flower Tattoo Designs
- Artificial Magnolia Flower In Vase
- Artificial Hydrangea Flowers In Vase
- Anthurium Plowmanii Price Philippines
- Azalea Flowers Wilting After Planting
- Aster Flower Shop Chennai Tamil Nadu