Cornflower Type Flowers
It displays single 2 inch fringed violet blue flowers with purple to reddish centers.
Cornflower type flowers. In the past it often grew as a weed in cornfields in the broad sense of corn referring to grains such as wheat barley rye or oats hence its name. They make excellent cut flowers and attract bees and butterflies and other pollinating and beneficial insects. Before so many exotics began to flood into english gardens the cornflower was much cultivated. The annual blue cornflower is a slender plant of great charm.
Garden varieties have added red. Cornflowers are also commonly known as bachelor s buttons and more than a dozen other common names. Centaurea cyanus commonly known as cornflower or bachelor s button is an annual flowering plant in the family asteraceae native to europe. The cornflower is also known as the bluebottle bachelor s buttons blue bonnets brooms and brushes corn blinks ladder love logger heads miller s delight pin cushion witch bells witch s thimble and blavers.
Perennial cornflower centaurea montana is a showy 2 foot wide and tall plant that blooms from may to june.
- Lantana Plant Names
- Lavender Flower Shop Penkridge
- Lavender Flower Pictures Clipart
- Lavender Flower Border Design
- Kings Heath Flower Show 2019
- Lilac Coloured Flowering Tree
- Lavender Star Flower Bush
- Lavender Flower Bouquet Dried
- Lavender Flower Pot Price
- Lavender Flower Shop Kuching
- Lavender Flower Shop Near Me
- Lilac Flower Meaning In Telugu
- Lavender Flower Bed Designs
- Lantana Plant Philippines
- Lavender Flower Clipart Images
- Lavender Flower Arrangements Weddings
- Lavender And White Flower Pictures
- Lilac Flower Meaning In Urdu
- Lavender Flower Shop Richmond Bc
- King Protea Flower Cost