Corpse Flower Also Known As
A tropical perennial herb amorphophallus titanum of the arum family that is native to sumatra and produces a tall erect yellowish white spadix partly enclosed by a showy white spotted green spathe which opens during bloom to reveal a reddish purple interior and emit an odor of rotting flesh part of the reason the corpse flower is drawing such big crowds is because it rarely blooms.
Corpse flower also known as. Unfortunately the other quality that makes the plant unique is the flower that gives it its name. The scientific name of the corpse flower is amorphophallus titanum. Carrion flowers also known as corpse flowers or stinking flowers are flowers that emit an odor that smells like rotting flesh. With the biggest inflorescence of any unbranched flowering plant in the world the corpse flower officially known as amorphophallus titanium is already an amazing thing to look at.
The amorphophallus titanum also known as the corpse flower is nearly ready to bloom at the tucson botanical gardens in arizona. To get to the point of blooming the flower has to grow for ten. The plant is endemic to the steep hillsides of rainforests in western sumatra but is cultivated in botanic gardens worldwide. According to gustavus adolphus college the name is from the latin words amorphos without form misshapen phallos penis and.
- Artificial Camellia Flower
- Anthurium Plant Characteristics
- Aster Flower Gifts
- Aster Flower En Español
- Aster Flower Wikipedia In Marathi
- Azalea Flowers Wilting After Planting
- Aster Flower Morphology
- Arabic Easy Rose Flower Mehndi Design
- Aster Flower Called In Marathi
- Artificial Magnolia Flower In Vase
- Azalea Flower Information
- Anthurium Philippines
- Australian Native Plants Protea
- Aster Flower Plant
- Aster Flower Name In Kannada
- Anthurium Flower Meaning
- Aster Flower Hd Wallpaper
- Artificial Hydrangea Flowers In Vase
- Aster Flower Name In Hindi Meaning
- Aster Flower Meaning In Urdu