Corpse Flower Also Known As
The plant is endemic to the steep hillsides of rainforests in western sumatra but is cultivated in botanic gardens worldwide.
Corpse flower also known as. Carrion flowers attract mostly scavenging flies and beetles as pollinators. Unfortunately the other quality that makes the plant unique is the flower that gives it its name. According to gustavus adolphus college the name is from the latin words amorphos without form misshapen phallos penis and. Some species may trap the insects temporarily to ensure the gathering and transfer of pollen.
Carrion flowers also known as corpse flowers or stinking flowers are flowers that emit an odor that smells like rotting flesh. The scientific name of the corpse flower is amorphophallus titanum. Titan arum amorphophallus titanum also called corpse flower herbaceous flowering plant of the arum family araceae known for its massive foul smelling inflorescence cluster of flowers. A tropical perennial herb amorphophallus titanum of the arum family that is native to sumatra and produces a tall erect yellowish white spadix partly enclosed by a showy white spotted green spathe which opens during bloom to reveal a reddish purple interior and emit an odor of rotting flesh part of the reason the corpse flower is drawing such big crowds is because it rarely blooms.
- Lantana Texas Flower Delivery
- Lavender Flower Arrangement Ideas
- Lilac Flower Meaning In Hindi
- Lantana Plant Poisonous To Dogs
- Lavender Flower Price In Pakistan
- Lavender Rose Flower Pictures
- Lilac Flower Delivery Service
- Lavender Flower Bouquet Cost
- Latest Modern Rose Flower Rose Mehndi Design Back Hand
- Lantana Plant For Sale
- Lantana Camara Plant In Hindi
- Lantana Camara Plantnet
- Lavender Flower Bouquet Shop
- Lavender Floral Knit Fabric
- Lavender Star Flower Bush
- Lantana Plant Meaning In Hindi
- Lavender Flower Arrangements Weddings
- Lavender Flower Wreath Png
- Lavender Flower Petals Wholesale
- Lavender Flower Centerpieces