Dandelion Flower Honey Recipes
Gently shake off any bugs or choose dandelions with no insect.
Dandelion flower honey recipes. Pick your dandelion flowers on a sunny day. Stir on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and then simmer from 15 to 30 minutes until your have the desired consistency. 1 quart water 1 quart water. Discard the green stem parts.
Place petals in a heavy saucepan along with the water lemon slices and vanilla bean. Test by dropping a bit on a cold plate and see how set it looks. Prepare your dandelion flowers. Remember it will thicken as it cools.
Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 6 hours. You d wash out all the honey pollen. That s good news if you want fewer but bad news if you discover you love dandelion honey and want lots more flowers the.
The honey will turn a darker caramel colour. Put the dandelion liquid in to a pan and add the sugar. Gather your dandelions in the morning when the flowers are fully open. Many aren t eliminated by boiling.
Ideally you want to weigh the liquid and then add the same amount of sugar so it may differ slightly from the amount in the recipe. 200 250 pieces dandelion flowers freshly plucked see notes 200 250 pieces dandelion flowers freshly plucked see notes. However it s best to avoid patches of dandelions that may have been treated with chemicals. Pick dandelion flowers during the daylight while in full bloom remove petals then measure petals only.
It s a waste of time to pick closed dandelions late afternoon or evening or when it s just about to start raining pick large flowers. Picking the dandelion flowers will keep them from going to seed and propagating more dandelions.
- Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis Flower Structure
- Hydrangea Flower In Spanish
- Hibiscus Flower White Tattoo
- How Long Do Plumeria Flowers Last
- Hibiscus Flower Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Orchid Flower Garland
- Hydrangea Flower Seeds Online
- Hydrangea Flowers Bouquet
- Hydrangea Flower Arrangements For Tables
- Hibiscus Flower Red Tattoo
- Hydrangea Blue Flower Watercolor Painting
- Hibiscus Flower Tattoo Small
- How To Use Ginger Flower In Cooking
- Hibiscus Flower Quotes For Instagram
- Hydrangea Flower Patterns
- Hibiscus Flower Translation Hindi
- Hydrangea And Rose Flower Wall
- Hydrangea Flower Buds Turning Black
- Hydrangea Flowers Brown
- How To Take Care Of A Bleeding Heart Flower