Hibiscus Flower Fun Facts
Hibiscus or rosemallow is a genus of plants with a flower of bright colors.
Hibiscus flower fun facts. Flower consists of five or more petals that can be white yellow orange purple pink red or blue in color. Rose mallow hibiscus moscheutos produces the largest flowers of all hibiscus from late spring until the first frost with some reaching 1. There are about 220 different species of hibiscus in the world and each variety differs in size shape and color. Not many know that hibiscus the flower is used for a number of purposes other than the bouquets and decoration.
This flower is processed and used as a food additive for providing a red tinge to the dish. It grows mostly in the tropics but some species grow in cool climates. A hibiscus flower can be used to determine the ph of a liquid. Colorful hibiscus flowers are often used as a natural dye.
The flowers are large conspicuous trumpet shaped with five or more petals colour from white to pink red orange peach yellow or. Fun flower facts about the hibiscus. Depending on the species hibiscus can grow in a form of evergreen bush or small tree that can reach up to 15 feet in height. Leaves are alternately arranged on the branches.
For example the hawaiian hibiscus is the state flower of hawaii. The roselle hibiscus sabdariffa is used as a vegetable. Certain species of hibiscus are also beginning to be used more widely as a natural source of food coloring e163 and replacement of red 3 e127. Hibiscus flowers float on the ganges as a offering to kali.
Dried hibiscus is considered a delicacy in mexico. Hibiscus develops large trumpet shaped flower without scent. Hibiscus flowers are commonly dried and can be made into tea cold drinks used as food colouring added to salads or be cooked and eaten typically in mexican cuisine. The flower usually has five petals.
Hibiscus has green lanceolate leaves with toothed edges. The flower turns dark pink or magenta in an acidic solution and green in an alkaline one. The flower is edible and has a tangy citrusy taste. Hibiscuses are renowned for their large showy flowers.
It tend to grow in wet or swampy areas. Hibiscus often become national state flowers. The flower in itself is found in four vibrant colors namely red yellow pink and white. Hibiscus has some of the largest flowers of any plant.
It contains both male stamen and female pistil.
- Heavenly Blue Moonflower Morning Glory Flower
- Heather Flower Hardiness Zone
- Heather Flower Vector Pattern
- Hibiscus Flower Home Remedy
- Hibiscus Flower Information In Marathi Wikipedia
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning In Hindi
- Hibiscus Flower For Hair Oil
- Hibiscus Flower Benefits For Hair And Skin
- Hibiscus Flower Amazon Uk
- Hibiscus Flower Information In Marathi
- Hawaiian Hibiscus Flower Scientific Name
- Heather Flower Plants For Sale
- Hibiscus Flower Essay In Hindi
- Hibiscus Flower Another Name
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning In Punjabi
- Hibiscus Dry Flower Powder
- Hibiscus Flower Background Black And White
- Hibiscus Flower Information In English
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning
- Heather Flower Colors