How Many Varieties Of Lantana Are There
This plant thrives in hot weather making it a popular choice for gardens in the southern and south western states.
How many varieties of lantana are there. The genus comprises more than 150 species make it a versatile and plentiful group of plants to choose from when selecting perennials for a garden or landscape. Hardy to zone 8 this plant can be a perennial tender perennial in zone 7 or even a medium shrub in frost free locations. Lantanas are a genus of over 150 types of flowering plants that all belong to verbenaceae a family of verbena species. Orange or yellow throat lilac petals bud.
Yellow throat pale yellow petals outer ring. Over 150 species make up the family and there are many more types of lantana from which to choose due to heavy hybridization. Orange throat pale or dark pink petals bud. There are so many species varieties of lantana that it makes my head spin and most of the tags don t say anything at all whether they are an annual or a perennial.
It is most commonly used as an annual in colder areas. I have bought several plants at several different places trailing lavender mounding peach and so far neither are doing very well. There are 150 species of lantana in the verbena family verbenaceae and the most commonly used ornamental selection is lantana camara. They are native to tropical regions of the americas and africa but exist as an introduced species in numerous areas especially in the australian pacific region south and northeastern part of india.
Yellow throat pale yellow petals outer ring. Lantanas are perennial and include both herbaceous plants as well as shrubs that can grow up to 6 feet tall. Pink edged red lantana camara red lantana camara white lantana camara middle ring. Cultivars of lantana lantana camara come in a dazzling array of colors.
Lantana lan tan uh is a genus of about 150 species of perennial flowering plants in the verbena family verbenaceae. There are over 150 species of lantana plants which is a result of heavy hybridization between the different types. The name of the large genus lantana may be more commonly known to most people as verbena. There are five main flower colour varieties of the weedy form of lantana camarain australia.
Long lasting flower clusters of small tubular flowers open beginning from the middle of. How many colors of lantana plant. Does anyone know which varieties are the best to have as a perennial and that take the extreme. There are over 150 recognized varieties of lantana with the lantana camara and hybrids being the most popular options for gardeners in the united states.
- Hibiscus Flower Meaning In Hindi
- Heather Plant Growing Conditions
- Heath Flower Meaning Korean
- Haywards Heath Flower Delivery
- Heather Flower Hardiness Zone
- Heavenly Blue Morning Glory Flower
- Heather Flower In Japanese
- Hibiscus Flower Background Black And White
- Hibiscus Flower Clipart Black And White Png
- Hibiscus Flower In Hindi Meaning
- Hibiscus Flower Benefits For Skin In Hindi
- Heather Growing Conditions Uk
- Heather Flower Plants For Sale
- Hd Wallpaper Rose Flower Images For Whatsapp Dp Download
- Hawaiian Hibiscus Flower Scientific Name
- Hibiscus Flower Common Name And Scientific Name
- Heath Flower Festival 2019
- Hibiscus Flower Dried Buy
- Hawaiian Hibiscus Flower Fun Facts
- Hibiscus Flower Plant Care