Is Passion Flower Extract Safe During Pregnancy
Other benefits and uses.
Is passion flower extract safe during pregnancy. Here are some good sources botanical medicine for women s health romm md midwife md herbalist american herbal products association s botanical safety handbook 2nd ed written by roy upton soaring bear david winston daniel gagnon aviva romm tieraona. During the 1930s animal studies found uterine stimulant action in components of passiflora. It is most often used to treat insomnia or anxiety but it is claimed to be useful for other conditions as well as with most supplements it is not known whether passion flower is safe for use in pregnancy. That s because it may stimulate the uterus and potentially induce labor.
The liquid extract of the flower is the most common formulation used. This is due to its ability to boost gamma aminobutyric acid gaba in the brain. Passionflower may be unsafe during pregnancy due to potential uterine stimulating effects of some passionflower constituents. Passion flower extract has an overall calming effect on the mind and other parts of the body.
There are other herbs that are safe during pregnancy as well. Passionflower is safe for use in children and adolescents at age appropriate doses. One lesser known herb studied to treat anxiety is passion flower from the passiflora tropical fruit. You may want to consult with an herbalist when writing about herbs.
Passion flower is possibly unsafe when taken by mouth during pregnancy. According to the german commission e passion flower appears more effective and safer than a leading antidepressant oxazepam used for anxiety. Passion flower is an herbal supplement. 10 many herbalists consider it safe during pregnancy but caution is recommended.
Studies have observed its overall calming effects in the brain allowing sleep to occur more quickly calming the intestines during an upset stomach and enhancing one s overall mood. In fact there is some concern that passion flower could cause problems for pregnant women. Medlineplus also advises that you not use this herb while breastfeeding due to lack of safety assurance. People expecting to undergo surgery should stop taking passionflower.
Passionflower should not be taken by pregnant women. However passion flower may be possibly unsafe during pregnancy. Not adequate scientific evidence exists to recommend the safe use of passion flower extract in any dose during pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is a well known fact that a diet rich in vitamin c ensures a strong immune system during pregnancy.
- Wallpaper Hd Love Rose Flower Images Download
- White Amaryllis Flower Meaning
- White Bleeding Heart Flower Essence
- White Background Orchid Flower Images
- Waffle Cone Flower Arrangement
- Where Does Amaryllis Flower Grow
- Where Is The Best Place To Plant Irises
- Wallpaper Rose Flower Download Hd
- Wallpaper Pink Dahlia Flower
- Tulips Flowers Outline
- Wallpaper White Gerbera Flower
- White Dahlia Flower Quotes
- Water Lily Flower Name In Hindi
- Types Of Passion Flower Vines
- Wallpaper Rose Love Rose Flower Design Flowers
- Varieties Of Ginger Plant Identification
- White Background Protea Flower Border
- Where To Buy Dandelion Flower Tea
- When Do Butterfly Bush Flower Uk
- White Carnation Flower Plant