Lantana Garden Plant
The common lantana features yellow red and orange flowers which bloom in neat clusters on the end of stems which rise out from the plant s medium green foliage.
Lantana garden plant. Lantana is hardy in u s. Known for its carefree nature lantanais grown as an annual in northern regions and a broadleaf evergreen shrub or ground cover in frost free climates. Simply choose a sunny location and plant them in well draining soil. Lantana plants are suitable for growing outdoors in usda plant hardiness zones 9 11 but growing lantana in containers allows gardeners in cooler climates to enjoy this spectacular tropical plant year round.
The lantana is a hardy plant that can withstand the drought as well as salt sprays in coastal areas. In warm southern climates lantana can be considered a perennial or tropical shrub and can grow 10 feet tall. It s tough drought tolerant long blooming and attracts butterflies. This article will help with that.
Lantanas are cultivated predominantly for their lively flowers which bloom all season long providing the home garden with an abundance of cheerful color. Lantana plant and butterflies. Lantanas carries and aroma that is mild and pleasant although the fragrance may not appeal to some. Cover the roots with soil but make sure you don t cover the crown of the plant.
Some varieties of lantana have a trailing habit perfect for spilling over a container or hanging basket. Growing lantana in the garden is a great way to add color and interest. Although these plants are tolerant of many soil conditions lantana flowers prefer slightly acidic soil. When planting gently coax the roots out of the transplant pot and place them in a prepared hole.
Department of agriculture plant. Its lovely clusters of flowers come in a variety of colors sometimes with multiple colors mixed together. However the plant is treated as an annual in most climates and still reaches almost 3 feet in one growing season. Does lantana attract butterflies by darcy larum landscape designer.
In warmer climates lantanas can be grown as a. Shrub lantana grows up to 4 feet tall with a spread of 1 to 3 feet. A member of the verbena family it is native to tropical regions of the americas and south africa. From my personal experience i believe that this plant makes a great choice for your spring and summer gardens with its stunning multi colors.
The flowers attract butterflies hummingbirds and insect pollinators. Plant the lantana in flowerbeds or as border plants around the garden. Lantana has beautiful multicolored blooms lantana is a beautiful easy to grow garden plant.
- Passion Flower Extract Overdose
- Osulloc Camellia Flower Blooming Forest
- Orchid Flower Turning Yellow
- Pansy Seed Germination Time
- Passion Flower Growing Season Uk
- Orchid Flower White Background
- Painted Pine Cone Flower Arrangements
- Outline Hand Holding Rose Drawing Rose Flower
- Passion Flower Extract Benefits For Skin
- Passion Flower Capsules For Sleep
- Orchid Real Flower Earrings
- Passion Flower Drops For Sleep
- Orchid Flower Spike Stopped Growing
- Outline Beautiful Flower Rose Clipart Black And White
- Origami Dahlia Flower Tutorial
- Passion Flower Fruit Jelly
- Painting Anthurium Flower Drawing
- Passion Flower Hotel Book
- Outline Rose Flower Line Drawing
- Passion Flower And Gaba Together