Lantana Plant Origin
Lantana lantana camara is a large flowering shrub native to central and south america that readily grows into thickets.
Lantana plant origin. Lantana camara lantana is an invasive species of south american origin and it is visibly widespread in amurum forest reserve afr jos plateau central nigeria. After being brought to australia as an ornamental garden plant in about 1841 the weed quickly escaped domestic cultivation and within 20 years was established in the wild. The wandelröschen lantana is a tropical beauty from america and belongs to the vervain family verbenaceae. Lantana camara common lantana is a species of flowering plant within the verbena family verbenaceae native to the american tropics.
Presently there is no baseline study on lantana and its spread despite its conspicuous presence within afr. Attractive flowers attracts pollinators wildlife food source dimensions. Originating from tropical american and african regions lantanas are a hardy species that can thrive sufficiently well in different weather conditions. Sellowiance are toxic ornamental shrubs.
Lantana belongs to the verbenaceae family which is made up of 35 genera and over 1 200 species. Native to the west indies mexico to tropical america wildlife value. Lantana lan tan uh is a genus of about 150 species of perennial flowering plants in the verbena family verbenaceae. Lantana was first declared noxious around 1920 and by the 1950s it had spread over more than 1600 kilometres of the eastern australian coastline.
Lantana flowers are very attractive to butterflies berries are eaten by birds. Invasive lantana has spread through parts of the usa australia south africa and asia but it is not known where the invaders originated or even if multiple lantana species have contributed to the invasive complex. Country or region of origin. The genus name is derived from the epithet of viburnum lantana because of the close resemblance of their inflorescences and opposite leaves.
Lantana camara and several related species l. Lantanas are perennial and include both herbaceous plants as well as shrubs that can grow up to 6 feet tall. 4 5 other common names of l. They are native to tropical regions of the americas and africa but exist as an introduced species in numerous areas especially in the australian pacific region south and northeastern part of india.
The specimens available here as pot plants are breeding forms camara hybrids of the wild species lantana camara.
- Small Gerbera Flower Tattoo
- Single Rose Flower Images Free Download Hd
- Silk Magnolia Flower Garland
- Small Wrist Cattleya Flower Tattoo
- Simple Hydrangea Flower Painting
- Scarlet Begonias Flower Seeds
- Rose Simple Flower Kolam Designs
- Small Rose Flower Tattoo On Hand
- Simple Rose Flower Kolam With Dots
- Small Simple Small Narcissus Flower Tattoo
- Side Effects Of Bleeding Heart Flower Essence
- Rose Small Flower Collarbone Tattoo
- Rose Flower Video Status
- Rose Flower Whatsapp Dp Hd
- Single Red Rose Flower Images Hd
- Snowdrop Flower Meaning In Hindi
- Single Rose Flower Png Hd
- Silk Floss Tree Flowers Edible
- Simple Rose Flower Coloring Pages
- Rose Flower With Crepe Paper