Orchid Flower Spike Care
If you are lucky enough to have a double spike phalaenopsis orchid cut one spike at the base and cut the other spike about an inch below the last flower.
Orchid flower spike care. Be very gentle and don t force things too much. Cutting a healthy single spike if the flower spike is a healthy green color one option is to find the node just below the lowest flower and prune it about an inch above the node. Otherwise you may risk snapping the flower spike off. This video is sponsored by repotme who also provided the medium pots clips some of the stakes and fertilizer i used for the orchids in this video.
At this point it is time to do a little work. Use clips or ties to gently secure the flower spike every few inches avoiding the nodes on the spike. As the flower spike grows longer it ll be easier. I did that once and i was furious with myself.
You can see the flower spike on two orchids clipped to the bamboo stakes with plastic orchid clips. Once you see a flower spike develop you can just watch and wait until it is 4 6 inches in length. Today we focus on phalaenopsis orchids and talk more about the most anticipated aspect of their care. Wait until the flower spike it at least a few inches long.
Some people believe it is best to cut off the stem entirely at the base where it comes out of the leaves and it will bloom again in several months. Of all of the more commonly available orchids only phalaenopsis the moth orchid will re bloom from its old spike. Don t be tempted to clip the flower spike to a bamboo stake too early. Take a look at the picture above.
The flower spike production. Add more clips as the spike grows and put the last clip 1 2 inches below the first bud.
- Passion Flower Capsules Uk
- Passion Flower Korean Movie Cast
- Passion Flower Capsules Health Benefits
- Outline Rose Flower Tattoo Drawings
- Passion Flower Jelly Joker
- Passion Flower Fruit Poisonous To Dogs
- Passion Flower Effects Reddit
- Outline Beautiful Flower Rose Clipart Black And White
- Orchid Flower White And Purple
- Pandora Pink Cherry Blossom Flower Stud Earrings
- Outline Transparent Background Hibiscus Flower Clipart
- Overwintering Passion Flower Indoors
- Origami Dahlia Flower Tutorial
- Passion Flower Fruit Recipes
- Passion Flower Growing From Seed
- Pansy Seed Germination Time
- Passion Flower Interesting Facts
- Pansy Flower Photography
- Orchid Flowers Cost
- Passion Flower Jewellery