Sunflower Plant Definition
A sunflower is a very tall plant with large yellow flowers.
Sunflower plant definition. The sunflower helianthus annuus is a living annual plant in the family asteraceae with a large flower head capitulum. Sunflowers are native primarily to north and south america and some species are cultivated as ornamentals for their spectacular size and flower heads and for their edible seeds. Once the stem becomes woody the flowers stop turning. Sunflower genus helianthus genus of nearly 70 species of herbaceous plants of the aster family asteraceae.
Oil from sunflower seeds is used in cooking and to make margarine. Sunflower helianthus annuus is a food crop of worldwide importance as well as a good cutflower and a plant that s fun to grow in the vegetable or flower garden. Cobuild advanced english dictionary. English language learners definition of sunflower.
Other types of sunflowers include the california royal sunflower which has a burgundy red purple flower head. The stem of the flower can grow up to 3 metres tall with a flower head that can be 30 cm wide.
- Wallpaper Love Rose Flower Images Free Download
- When Does Magnolia Bloom Uk
- Whatsapp Dp Natural Rose Flower Photos Dp
- Watercolour Magnolia Flower Painting
- Whatsapp Profile Rose Flower Dp Download
- Wallpaper Rose Flower Pic Download
- Tulips Flowers Outline
- White Bleeding Heart Flower Essence
- White Anthurium Flower Meaning
- Tulips Flower Shop Cebu
- White Carnation Flowers For Sale
- Unique Rose Flower Tattoo Designs
- What Does Acacia Flower Smell Like
- Where To Buy Dandelion Flower Tea
- Watering Bird Of Paradise Flower Plant
- Victoria Secret Perfume Passion Flower
- Where Does Amaryllis Flower Grow
- Wallpaper Rose Flower Download Hd
- Wallpaper Hd Love Rose Flower Images
- When To Cut Calla Lily Flower